Willesden Green, situated in the Borough of Brent, is one of London’s most ethnically diverse neighbourhoods with a thriving Afro-Caribbean and Irish community that have deeply enriched the town’s cultural identity.
The NW10 area has been rejuvenated in recent years with heavy investment to revamp the High Street and build community projects, including a new City Academy, library complex, theatres, studios, swimming pools and sports stadium.
Traditionally a working class town, Willesden Green has seen an influx of young professionals who are attracted by the area’s fast tube links, affordable prices and charming red brick Victorian and Edwardian terraces and flat conversions.
- Willesden Green (Zone 3) is served by Willesden Green tube station on the Jubilee line and Willesden Junction tube station, which has Bakerloo and Overground links.
- With a large bus garage, many bus routes start or run through the town.
- Willesden is connected to many places as the A41 road/A5 road runs close by in nearby Kilburn/Cricklewood. The North Circular Road, the inner orbital road of London, is nearby running through Neasden.
FOOD & DRINK
- Orange, Lemon & Lime – Serves International cuisine and has alfresco dining
- Centro Galego de Londres – Tapas bar and restaurant with live music and dance floor.
- Tony’s – Irish-themed pub with two bars, both of which serve a great range of beers.
- Lulas – Trendy hotspot with friendly staff and reasonable food.
- No 8 – Comfortable atmosphere with pool tables and good cocktail menu
THINGS TO DO
- Willesden Cycling Club – Join London’s largest cycling club and go on ‘club runs’ around local area.
- The Brent Museum – Contains hundreds of items of history including the 1948 London Olympic torch and a signed football from 1966 World Cup.
- The Electric Barge – Charity which provides educational trips on its boat for schoolchildren.
- Willesden Sports Centre – Has swimming and other leisure facilities.
- Ace Cafe – Italian Bikes n’ Cars tribute at venue dedicated to people who love motorcycles, cars and rock n’ roll.
- The Lexi Cinema – Art house cinema has various special features.
- The Rhythm Studio – Special drum workshops for children.