Swiss Cottage in the London Borough of Camden is named after the Ye Olde Swiss Cottage pub, a iconic building that was erected in 1804 in the style of a Swiss chalet.
Swiss Cottage is a fashionable area (NW3) located in the heart of inner north-west London, directly bordering South Hampstead to the West, Hampstead and Belsize Park to the North-East and St. John’s Wood and Primrose Hill to the South.
In recent years, Swiss Cottage has undergone an amazing facelift courtesy of an £85million regeneration scheme that resulted in a new state-of-the-art leisure centre, refurbishment of its historic Grade II-listed library, newly landscaped parks as well as modern housing developments.
- The area is served by Swiss Cottage and Finchley Road tube stations (Zones 2) on the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines.
- South Hampstead railway station and Finchley Road & Frognal railway station on London Overground are also nearby.
- Area is local bus hub, routes include numbers: 13, 113, 82, 46, 31, C11, 268, 603 and 187.
FOOD & DRINK
- Singapore Garden – Smart restaurant serving Malaysian specialities.
- Lanka – Serves homemade French-style cakes and pure Ceylon teas.
- Beyoglu – Family-friendly eatery with a choice of meze and grilled dishes.
- Belsize Kitchen – Fresh British cuisine that’s great for breakfast.
- Ye olde Swiss Cottage – Traditional pub serves beer and food in iconic atmosphere.